PopTop

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 20 22:19:43 CEST 2010

Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> According to http://wiki.freeradius.org/PopTop though, I shouldn't need to
> define a user.

  No.  It defines how to configure PPTP.  It doesn't define how to
configure users.

  By the same "logic", you could say "BUT my poptop users can't access
the network!  The document doesn't say I need network access!  I should
be able to reach google after following the guide!  You mean I need to
buy *network* access?  What a rip-off!"

  A *large* part of the problems you're having is your insistence on not
understanding what's going on.

>  The 1.x configuration does not appear to have required this
> either.  Did it default to using local /etc/passwd or PAM?  Did the old
> mschap module know to use samba?

  Maybe 1.x was magic.  Or, maybe you don't understand how it worked.