freeradius authentication stops working after some time...

Gary Gatten Ggatten at waddell.com
Wed Apr 21 00:29:51 CEST 2010

Have you read the changelog between 2.1.0 and 2.1.8?  Maybe there's a known bug?  I've had issues where some part of SAMBA dies (winbind/nmbd/smbd) and of course Auth will also fail, but if all the SAMBA pieces are working and FR is running, it usually just works!

Maybe run in debug mode until it dies and hopefully catch something interesting.