VLAN Attribute ?

Fabien COMBERNOUS fcombernous at kezia.com
Wed Apr 21 11:12:07 CEST 2010

Difan Zhao wrote:
> You have to send some attributes to the switch. I am using Cisco
> switches and here are the attributes that I need to send to the switch
> to switch the port to VLAN 3:
>
> bob	  Cleartext-Password := "test"
>         Tunnel-Type:0 = VLAN,
>         Tunnel-Medium-Type:0 = IEEE-802,
>         Tunnel-Private-Group-Id:0 = "3",
>         Tunnel-Preference = 0x000000
>
> Other switch vendor may use different attributes.
Thank you for your input.

I'm using HP procurve core switch. I used the following values :
Tunnel-Type =
13
Tunnel-Medium-Type = 6
Tunnel-Private-Group-ID =4

It works. In radius log i get the display you given. ie VLAN instead of
13, IEEE-802 instead of 6. I will make some tests to use directly your
input. It is easier to read.

But i am surprise. In the rfc the value 13 does not exist about
Tunnel-Type :
http://freeradius.org/rfc/rfc2868.html#Tunnel-Type

Where is decided the value of 13 ?

Best regards,