Users File co-existing with NTLM-Auth

Nathan McDavit-Van Fleet nmcdavit at alcor.concordia.ca
Wed Apr 21 18:08:23 CEST 2010

I have a users file with name and password. I would like Freeradius to check
if there is a good username/password in the users file before failing using
ntlm_auth.

As I said I currently have a good working copy of Freeradius with ntlm_auth
configuration. However, when I have ntlm_auth in
inner-tunnel->"authenticate" section, the username/password in the users
file no longer works. So if I disable the entry "ntlm_auth" from the
authenticate the users file works again.

I know that the username is unique to my users file (it doesn't exist on
AD).

I just need it so when ntlm_auth fails, it checks the known password from
the users file.

So is this a case of me having to see if there is a known good password
before trying ntlm_auth?

Nathan Van Fleet