Remote MySQL backend encryption

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Apr 27 00:17:37 CEST 2010

On 04/26/2010 05:33 PM, Eric.Hernandez at allegiantair.com wrote:
> I see thats what I thought, I also confirmed its all clear text with
> tcpdump.
>
> If I were to switch my backend to an ldap system would I have encrypted
> traffic for user authentication with freeradius remote ldap/backend setup?

Not currently, but I've got a patch for the 1.1.7 version of rlm_ldap,
so it might need some tweaking for 2.x

> Also is there a nas/radacct table equivalent in the ldap solution or is
> it strictly for user authentication?

Not currently, but I've got a patch for the 1.1.7 version of rlm_ldap,
so it might need some tweaking for 2.x

FWIW, I don't have extra cycles at the moment.

BTW, patching rlm_sql_mysql to use SSL wouldn't be hard.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/