Is this Install Guide Complete?

Huckle Berry huck.berry at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 02:14:46 CEST 2010

I have a server that is running a relatively clean install of Ubuntu 9.10
Server. Due to the known licensing issue restrictions I cannot simply use
the debian freeradius package. I would like to know if the following outline
would install freeradius with support for SSL on my server. Comments from
those who actually run freeradius on Ubuntu 9.10 server would be
appreciated.

$cd ~
$apt-get source freeradius
$cd ./freeradius-2.1.0+dfsg
[change ./debian/rules as follows:

change --without-rlm_eap_tls \
            --without-rlm_eap_ttls \
            --without-rlm_eap_peap \
to --with-rlm_eap_tls \
    --with-rlm_eap_ttls \
    --with-rlm_eap_peap \

change --without-openssl \
to --with-openssl \
]

[change ./debian/control
add 'libssl-dev' to the end of the line that starts 'Build-Depends:'
]

$fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc
$sudo dpkg -i ../freeradius_2.1.0-0_i386.deb

These have been the instructions that I have garnered from the Internet at
large, yet I doubt they are complete. Is there anything the freeradius
community would like to add?