Freeradius as DHCP sending DHCP Offer to interface where default gateway is

Urazaev Vadim demiurg at tica.com.ua
Mon Aug 2 14:59:44 CEST 2010

01.08.2010 16:06, Alan DeKok пишет:
> Urazaev Vadim wrote:
>> I`m trying to set up freeradius as dhcp server and everythins seem to be
>> ok, in radiusd -X I can see the DHCP-Discover packets that comes from
>> client and DHCP-Offer that server sending to client.
>> When I tried to find out to which interface server send`s responses I
>> saw that responses server put into interface where dafult gateway is
>> In configuration of dhcp listener there is an option "interface", but
>> when I tried to set it up I see a message
>> Failed binding to interface "ifname": "bind to device" is unsupported
>
>    FreeBSD doesn't support binding to interfaces.
>
>> My question is: Is there solution for this situation ?
>
>    Update the FreeRADIUS code so that it uses a BPF socket on FreeBSD.
>
>    Or, run on a system with only one interface.
>
>    Alan DeKok.
> -
I found another solution for this problem. (Maybe it will be useful for
some one)
The proble can be solved by using setfib command and create routing
table for the radiusd process.
EXAMPLE:
we have a FreeBSD BOX with two interfaces and default gateway which is
on WAN interface, and dhcp packets comming from LAN interface on which
network 10.128.0.0/24 to force freeradius sending it`s responses to
those interface we have to do
setfib 1 route add default 10.128.0.2
(It can be any host in 10.128.0.0/24 network)
and in rc.local
setfib 1 /path/to/radiusd
kernel must be made with
options	ROUTETABLES=2 or greater