Remove Domain from User-Name

benoit.bianchi at enel.com benoit.bianchi at enel.com
Wed Aug 4 09:20:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

	I've successfully set up freeradius for EAP-PEAP Authentication
with MSCHAP on my AD Domain, but I'm facing a problem on accounting:
	I'm using SQL accounting and can't get rid of the "DOMAIN\" part
for the sql_user_name, I've tried using the Stripped-User-Name variable
but it remains empty.
	I've also tried using hints file to define a proper
Stripped-User-Name, with the following:

DEFAULT User-Name =~ "DOMAIN\\(.*)"
       Stripped-User-Name := "%{1}"

	Still without any success, so I investigate on the realm module
who do recognize the DOMAIN\ part of User-Name but then it look for
proxying (which I don't have) and don't give me a Stripped-User-Name
anyway ...

	I'm stucked, is there anyone here who can give me a hand on
this?

Thanks in advance