Different users file per virtual server

Cory Johnson cjohnson at commspeed.net
Sat Aug 7 03:48:12 CEST 2010

On 08/06/2010 04:41 PM, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> On Aug 6, 2010, at 4:14 PM, Cory Johnson wrote:
>

>> Is there a way to have seperate "users" files per virtual server? The location of the users file appears to be specified in modules/files. I can only seem to load modules from the global radiusd.conf, so each server uses the same users file. My goal is to use a different users file based on the IP of the client.
>>
> You can configure multiple instances of the users file then call the different instances from the different virtual servers.
>
> Just list the instance name after the module name
>
> e.g.
>
> files virtual_server_0 {
> 	# The default key attribute to use for matches.  The content
> 	# of this attribute is used to match the "name" of the
> 	# entry.
> 	#key = "%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}}"
>
> 	usersfile = ${confdir}/users
> 	acctusersfile = ${confdir}/acct_users
> 	preproxy_usersfile = ${confdir}/preproxy_users
>
> 	#  If you want to use the old Cistron 'users' file
> 	#  with FreeRADIUS, you should change the next line
> 	#  to 'compat = cistron'.  You can the copy your 'users'
> 	#  file from Cistron.
> 	compat = no
>
> }
>
> -Arran
>
>> -CJ
>> -
>> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
>>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Great, this is just what I was looking for.

However I am still doing something wrong, after modifying modules/files
to look like this:
files noc {
     usersfile = ${confdir}/users-noc
and server definition looks like:
server noc {
    authorize {
        files

I get the output:
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/noc[153]: Failed to find module "files".
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/noc[63]: Errors parsing authorize section.

Also tried stating "files noc" in the authorize section. After doing
this I don't even get any debug output.

Forgot to mention this before: FreeRADIUS version 2.1.8 on Ubuntu.