curious network problem

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 11 02:38:22 CEST 2010

Antony King wrote:
> The 'live' server is a centos5.5 box. I've tried with the standard freeradius2
> package (version 2.1.7) and a version compiled from SRPMS in case there was a
> problem with ttls in that version. The configuration was copied over from the
> test server, with new keys generated but otherwise unchanged.

  Were the certs re-generated?  They depend on the keys.

> Locally, it authenticates correctly, using the first of the two commands
> above. If I try and authenticate from a remote system (eg, a NAS or my test
> server), it refuses to do the ttls negotiation.

  This is the kind of problem where I would suggest "don't even try to
debug it."  Instead, follow the EAP howto on my web site
(http://deployingradius.com).  It will be faster and less work to
re-create a working system, than to debug a broken one.