Using postauth_users and Access-Reject

Peter Lambrechtsen plambrechtsen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 02:59:28 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>wrote:

> Peter Lambrechtsen wrote:
> > I have figured out where my mistake was.  I needed to have the users
> > file being used in the authorize section, but I shouldn't have had
> > "Auth-Type := Accept" at the end of each line for the Groups, otherwise
> > if the Auth-Type is set to Accept the authenticate section is never run
> > through.
>
>   That's pretty much what I was trying to explain earlier.  When you
> posted another config snippet that *didn't* follow my advice, I lost
> interest in the thread.

Fair enough, you do get a lot of silly setup questions which you answer most
of the time ;)

> I have *no* idea why so many people insist on forcing Auth-Type.  It
> causes problems in 99.9% of the situations, including this one.

Understood, I had just taken examples off the internet about how to setup
LDAP Auth, which was very misleading by having the Auth-Type being set which
caused all of my issues in the first place.

My offer still stands to write up a wiki entry for this, as it seems to be
quite a common question and use case that could be answered with a wiki
entry.