Password Policy - Expired Password - mschap

Garber, Neal Neal.Garber at energyeast.com
Thu Aug 12 05:32:07 CEST 2010

> if you enable the ldap/(opendirectory) option to "require user to change
> password on next login" the client is unable to connect.

FreeRADIUS doesn't support password changes via MSCHAP.  Historically, Samba didn't even support it until a couple of years ago.  I believe support for this functionality was added to Samba 3.0.24 using a new helper protocol called ntlm-change-password-1.

I posted something to the list asking if there was interest quite a while ago.  Implementing this new helper protocol is not a trivial change to FreeRADIUS.  Unfortunately, I haven't had enough free time to devote to implementing it yet.  If you have the time to create the patch, I'll be one of the testers ;-)