Freeradius2 + LDAP of Lotus Notes

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Fri Aug 13 09:50:07 CEST 2010

> I'm having a problem even though it bind successfully because there is no
> password attribute in the LDAP server of Lotus Notes. Does it mean that
> Lotus Notes doesn't store the password of its users in the LDAP server?

A more accurate description is that Lotus Domino encrypts the password in a
non-standard way. You could still use it for authentication though. Look at
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default, and you should see something like this

        # Uncomment it if you want to use ldap for authentication
        #
        # Note that this means "check plain-text password against
        # the ldap database", which means that EAP won't work,
        # as it does not supply a plain-text password.
        Auth-Type LDAP {
                ldap
        }

For that to work, you need to have client supply plain-text password. Which
means MSCHAP or EAP-MSCHAPv2 won't work.
EAP-GTC could work though, with a little effort.

--
Fajar