pam_auth_radius - Map radius user to local account?

Cory Johnson cjohnson at commspeed.net
Sat Aug 14 02:27:49 CEST 2010

Greetings,

I have several Linux and BSD servers that I would like to authenticate
against my FreeRADIUS server.
My question is, do I have to create unix users on each server that match
the names of the radius user that I am logging as? For example, could
users logging in via radius be automatically "mapped" to a single unix
account, no matter what RADIUS credentials they used? Or maybe give
users a different unix account depending on the LDAP group they are in?

If anyone can point me in the right direction that'd be great. Or if I,
in fact, do not want to do this, please let me know. =)

--CJ