DCHP-Server only for WLAN-Clients?

Marten Pape Marten.Pape at pape-hn.de
Sun Aug 15 17:22:18 CEST 2010

Marten Pape schrieb:
> Alan DeKok schrieb:
>> Marten Pape wrote:
>>
>>> Now the wish with freeradius is:
>>> Access points can be used in the same subnet as the other lan-clients,
>>> but the clients that come in via WLAN should get an ip-address from
>>> "address-pool 2" (that is different to pool 1!).
>>>

>>   That can almost be done, except that FreeRADIUS doesn't (yet) have an
>> IP pool allocation system for DHCP.  There's an "sqlippool" module, but
>> it only works for RADIUS.
>>
> Do you want to say that I need a seperate dhcp-server for normal
> lan-clients? (this already exists).

Dear Alan, dear all,
referring to own tests and to this site:
http://wiki.freeradius.org/IP_Pool it is not possible to use *ippool for
ip assignment of wifi clients. It seems that there is no possibility to
assign an IP address before our dhcp-server does this.

I need to find another solution or a way to determine, if the
dhcp-request comes from a wifi-client or not.

Any other idea?

Regards,
Marten