users file question

Aqdas Muneer aqdas.muneer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 16:11:26 CEST 2010

hello,

I have setup a freeradius server version 2.1.7 using ldap for
authentication. What i'm having trouble understanding is that in my users
file i have a local user called admin. The default user account (for ldap)
is listed before the admin account in the users file. since i have not
configured Fall-Through i would expect the admin account to not be
accessible if ldap query fails, but it is accessible. is my assumption
wrong? here is the output from my user file.

DEFAULT         Huntgroup-Name == "network-admin", Ldap-Group ==
"networkadmins"
                Service-Type := NAS-Prompt-User,
                cisco-avpair := "shell:priv-lvl=15",
#                Auth-Type := LDAP

admin           Cleartext-Password := "Bl at rd3Ry"
               Service-Type := NAS-Prompt-User,
               cisco-avpair := "shell:priv-lvl=15"

DEFAULT         Auth-Type := Reject
                Reply-Message := "Access Denied. Your attemp has been
logged."