rlm_eap: Handler failed in EAP/peap

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 17 08:47:31 CEST 2010

Javier Richard Quinto Ancieta wrote:
> Hello, I have problems with my FreeRADIUS (Installed )Version 1.1.3.

  Upgrade.

> The
> problem is when I use EAP-PEAP, msCHAPv2 for clients Windows and a
> Server LDAP in Debian.
> I have Installed freeradius using EAP-PEAP and in the radius.conf is of
> the next form:

  The FAQ and documentation does *not* say to post this.  So don't.

> And in the file slapd.conf is of the next form:

  Again, this isn't necessary.

> *  rlm_eap_peap: Session established.  Decoding tunneled attributes.
>   rlm_eap_peap: Received EAP-TLV response.
>   rlm_eap_peap: Tunneled data is valid.
>   rlm_eap_peap:  Had sent TLV failure.  User was rejcted rejected
> earlier in this session.

  This means go read the EARLIER messages in the debug log to see why
the user was rejected.

  The point of running it in debugging mode is to read the output.
*All* of it.  Ignoring most of it doesn't help.