Encountering error when using "radius -X"

Fabien COMBERNOUS fcombernous at kezia.com
Wed Aug 18 16:05:20 CEST 2010

kartik dadwal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> @Fablen:
> I first used "synaptic packet manger" to install free radius as it
> synaptic pkt. manger takes care of the dependencies. After insatlling
> freeradius through the synaptic pkt. manger I could not find any of
> the freeradius subdirectories.
> So, I removed freeradius completely again using synaptic manager.
>
> Then I decided to download .tar.gz file from the link that I had sent
> earlier and ran:
> ./configure
> make
> make install
> I just got one error for some particular package, I googled the error
> and insatlled "libltdl-dev" package from
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/libltdl-dev
> After that everything went smoothly and I did face any error. I am
> sure all dependencies were found.
>
> can you also tell me why I don't have "raddb" in /etc/ ?. It makes me
> believe as If there something is wrong (which might ot might noe be
> true!!)
The /etc/raddb is the default settings. In my debian box, radius files
are in the directry /etc/freeradius/

In general you can get the list of the files from a deb package with the
command line :
$> dpkg -L <name of the package>
Here we have :
$> dpkg -L freeradius | grep etc
/etc
/etc/pam.d
/etc/pam.d/radiusd
/etc/init.d
/etc/init.d/freeradius
/etc/freeradius
/etc/freeradius/preproxy_users
/etc/freeradius/policy.conf
/etc/freeradius/sites-enabled
/etc/freeradius/clients.conf
/etc/freeradius/sqlippool.conf
/etc/freeradius/templates.conf
/etc/freeradius/attrs.accounting_response
/etc/freeradius/attrs
/etc/freeradius/certs
/etc/freeradius/hints
/etc/freeradius/experimental.conf