mac authentication

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Wed Aug 18 16:57:20 CEST 2010

I am attempting to edit the ldap module to pass the mac address from the
wireless client as the user. I have changed the basedn, but not sure how
to change the "filter".
Here is what I have :

ldap {
         #
         #  Note that this needs to match the name in the LDAP
         #  server certificate, if you're using ldaps.
         server = "localhost"
         #identity = "cn=admin,o=My Org,c=UA"
         #password = mypass
         basedn = "ou=machines,dc=isd2190,dc=org"
         filter = "(uid=%{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}})"

I would like to run radtest against the mac address too, so I can be
sure things are working before adding in the wireless AP.
It is erring out because I am not using a password ???

Raymond