Lotus Notes Encryption

Peter Lambrechtsen plambrechtsen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 10:23:27 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 7:42 PM, rrperez <rrperez at apc.edu.ph> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response Peter,
>
> >It means that your clients will send the password to the radius server in
> >cleartext rather than PEAP encrypting them. There isn't any way to
> >authenticate against your Notes box with anything other than a cleartext
> >password.
>
> I somewhat understand what your pointing at, but I don't know how to do
> this. My goal is to authenticate the users stored in notes ldap for my
> wireless network. Is it possible for me to do this?

Yes, I think Stefan more than answered the process you will need to take:

google for "supplicant TTLS-PAP". There are numerous products for numerous
platforms.

It will mean that you will need to change your clients to get it working
(installing a different supplicant rather than the standard windows one),
and that the clients will talk to the access point over SSL (TTLS) but since
it's using PAP the password is sent not hashed or encrypted.  So then when
the NAS (Wireless access point) talks to FreeRadius and sends the password
not encrypted or hashed.