Encountering error when using "radius -X"

kartik dadwal dadwal.kartik at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 08:09:24 CEST 2010

Hi Fabien,

I will try to follow your method. Can you tell me how to get rid on the
installation process that I have already done for freeradius?
So that I can re-install it using other ways.

I am a newbie so next question sound a little stupid but please still answer
it.
when you say 'radius binary .deb package', does '.deb' belongs to debian? I
have ubuntu (I know ubuntu is a spun off from debian!). The only other way I
know for installing something on my ubuntu us using "synaptic package
manager". Do you mean to say I can search for freeradius on synaptic manager
and install it from there as it takes care of all the dpendencies?

Thank you so much for your help!

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 12:40 AM, Fabien COMBERNOUS
<fcombernous at kezia.com>wrote:

> kartik dadwal wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have ubuntu 9.10. Can you please tell me
>> 1)Before running "radius -X" what all steps should be completed?
>> 2)what should be the subdirectory structure for freeradius and where it
>> should be formed in the directory structure?
>> 3)which sub directory should I give the "radius -X" command.
>>

> Before to try to give answers, do you really need to compile your own
> radius from sources ? Now you know that with radius binary .deb package,
> radius config is in /etc/freeradius directory. Can you consider to forget
> sources you downloaded ? If you can't, i never used the way you are
> following. You'll have to consided depends. And i have not enough time to
> try your way on a box.
>

>> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Fabien COMBERNOUS <fcombernous at kezia.com<mailto:
>> fcombernous at kezia.com>> wrote:
>>

>>    In general you can get the list of the files from a deb package
>>    with the command line :
>>    $> dpkg -L <name of the package>
>>    Here we have :
>>    $> dpkg -L freeradius | grep etc