Wifi-Enabled Phones + FreeRadius

rrperez rrperez at apc.edu.ph
Thu Aug 26 10:24:22 CEST 2010

Thanks for the response Fajar,

>Are you still authenticating against Lotus Domino LDAP?

Yes, I still do.

>Basically to get an authentication method to work, the device needs to
>be configured to use it, and the server needs to support it. So you
>need to have a method that's supported by both device and server. It's
>easy enough to configure the server to support multiple methods, but
>if you're still authenticating against Lotus Domino LDAP, you might
>want to enable only TTLS-PAP and PEAP-GTC.

I'm quite aware now about this, thanks to your hints from my previous posts.
I configure my server to do the two eap methods (TTLS-PAP/PEAP-GTC) and
supported my computer clients with supplicant (secureW2). So now I'm trying
to do authentication for wifi mobile phones.

>For example, iphone (from Apple's docs) supports EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS,
>EAP-FAST, EAP-SIM, PEAPv0, PEAPv1, and LEAP.  I've tried it with
>PEAP-GTC, and it works, so you might want to try EAP-TTLS/PAP and see
>how it goes. If it doesn't, they try other methods.

I tested also an iPhone 2G to my server, but it still uses MS-CHAPv2 even
though I configured my server to do TTLS-PAP.