Installation on debian with postgresql

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Aug 27 22:00:40 CEST 2010

Michele Petrazzo - Unipex wrote:
> Hi list,
> I'm trying to install freeradius 2.0.4

  Why?  That's a very old version.

> on debian lenny and, after some
> googling, I'm arrived at the freeradius wiki
> (wiki.freeradius.org/SQL_HOWTO) that create me some headache...

  <sigh>  Could you suggest *more* places for us to add documentation?
The main web page (freeradius.org), and the other documentation that is
included with the server mentions the Wiki.  Why search the net for
information when you can read the documentation included with the software?

> Starting from say that I don't know if this can be wiki or debian
> problems (since, like all known, debian make modifies into all sources),
> I report here some consideration about that wiki page.
> Starting saying that on my default configuration, I haven't found the
> "authorise {}" section, but only the authorize ones,

  What does that mean?

> the other chapter "
> Populating SQL", refer a table that doesn't exist on the schema.sql. I'm
> speaking about usergroup.

  The schemas are in raddb/sql/*/dialup.conf.  This is documented in
raddb/sql.conf.

> A part of ask someone if can modify that page, my question is if there
> is a guide to the parameters that I can set to the various sql tables
> present on the same page. (for example like that fro the operators)

  The Wiki page you found has exactly this documentation.  It explains
how the tables are used.