Freeradius and client certificate support

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Aug 30 16:03:51 CEST 2010

Graham Leggett wrote:
> Should I log this as a bug in freeradius?

  Not really.  It's an issue with SSL.  There's little we can do to fix it.

> Exactly, I've read the PDF file, the only instructions that make
> reference to freeradius are as follows:
>
> "3. OpenSSL and FreeRADIUS setup
> To configure these two components, please see
> http://www.missl.cs.umd.edu/wireless/eaptls/.
> In order to work with XP, the FreeRADIUS version must be equal to or
> greater than the April 15, 2002 CVS version."

  Well.. see raddb/certs/README.  It contains instructions on EAP.  See
also http://deployingradius.com/.  It contains detailed instructions on
testing EAP, but not EAP-TLS.

>>  In 2.1.10, there is updated documentation and examples for running
>> EAP-TLS using "eapol_test".
>
> Does this have an URL?

  http://git.freeradius.org/  See the v2.1.x branch, file
src/tests/eap-tls.conf.