Attribute not passing to NAS?

mikal mpm at atceast.com
Thu Dec 2 18:38:08 CET 2010

Rob,

You need to ensure that the value of Filter-Id maps exactly to the value of
the policy that you're trying to apply.  So you need to have a policy
defined on the controller named "Faculty", not "faculty" or "facultY", but
"Faculty".

For instance, if I have a policy named "NewmanN" and I pass a
Filter-Id="NewmanN" then I get:

Client session MAC [00:22:6B:9A:2B:77] on AP [IRV-AP3620] with SSID [SMFC]
from VNS [SMFC] with username [test.user11] with mu session timer [52549]
has been successfully authenticated. Policy [NewmanN] is applied.

The desired policy is applied.

If I pass a Filter-Id="Newmann" then I get:

Client session MAC [00:22:6B:9A:2B:77] on AP [IRV-AP3620] with SSID [SMFC]
from VNS [SMFC] with username [test.user11] with mu session timer [52201]
has been successfully authenticated. Policy [SMFC Auth] is applied.

The default policy for that VNS is applied because there was no policy
matching "Newmann".