agent-remote-id, agent-circuit-id strange format change.

Denis Iskandarov d.iskandarov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 08:25:14 CET 2010

>"octets" should work.
>i.e. the default configuration works.
>Which version are you running, and why did you edit the dictionary files?

As i wrote in my very first post i'm already using octets format in attributes.
"default configuration" isn't working.
I'm running 2.1.7 on CentOS
Why I'm editing dictionaries ? Because i've read whole mailing list
regarding this problem and read such suggestions in some posts
(suggested even by you)
SO RESULTS:
1. default FreeRadius 2.1.7 setup: has old redback dicitionary from
2000y. with incorrect format of attributes, which are STRING there.
Changed them to OCTETS -  still not working.
2. took patched redback dicitionary from 2.1.10 and placed it into
2.1.7 which already has this two attributes (96 and 97) in proper
format: OCTETS (and please don't yell, it has no significant changes
which may interfere 2.1.7 working process).

>Really?  There are other RADIUS servers?

Sorry if i've broken ur illusions that FreeRadius is only RADIUS
server in the world. I just wanted to say that i've tested this setup
on other server and system which has almost same config files, just
couple PERL scripts.

Maybe something else should be changed in some configuration files
that makes FreeRadius to understand or convert this attributes in
normal format.