Voip database

Fajar A. Nugraha work at fajar.net
Thu Dec 9 10:04:59 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Miha Zoubek <miha_zoubek at hotmail.com> wrote:
> When I try with same configuration from NAS I get:
> I guss that is something wrong with my NAS?

> [pap] login attempt with password "áø{k?"
> [pap] Using clear text password "12345"
> [pap] Passwords don't match
> ++[pap] returns reject
> Failed to authenticate the user.
>   WARNING: Unprintable characters in the password.        Double-check the
> shared secret on the server and the NAS!

Did you read Alan's response?
Did you read the big WARNING?
Did you double-check both the settings on your NAS and radius to make
sure shared secret is correct?
Did you make sure that you set the shared secret in the correct place
(most people set it on clients.conf, but some configs allow the client
list to be stored in database)?
Did you try restarting both radius and the NAS, as a last step to make
sure that they read the correct shared secret settings, just in case
you just change it but forgot to restart/reload?

--
Fajar