Reals Based Upon Port

Brian Carpio bcarpio at broadhop.com
Wed Dec 15 18:38:13 CET 2010

So I am still a bit confused by this (I'm just now getting back to this issue).

So I have the following setup:

- Radiusd Server
-- 2 home_servers listening on 1812 and 1813
-- 2 home_servers listening on 1815 and 1816

In my proxy.conf I have the following:

proxy server {
        default_fallback = no
}
home_server server01 {
        type = auth+acct
        ipaddr = server01
        port = 1812,1813
        secret = s3cret
        require_message_authenticator = no
        response_window = 20
        zombie_period = 10
        status_check = request
        username = test at test.com
        password = s3cret
        check_interval = 5
        num_answers_to_alive = 3
}
home_server server02 {
        type = auth+acct
        ipaddr = server02
        username = test at test.com
        password = s3cret
        check_interval = 5
        num_answers_to_alive = 3
}
home_server_pool server-balance {
        type = load-balance
        home_server = server01
        home_server = server02
}
realm DEFAULT {
        pool = server-balance
        nostrip
}

I'm pretty clear on how I would add a new home_server_pool called like alt-server-balance with the other two home_servers defined which listen on the 1815,1816 the part I am confused about is how to define the new realm, since I'm using DEFAULT to send all traffic to "server-balance" how do I define a new realm which will accept traffic on 1815,1816 and send it to alt-server-balance.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
Brian Carpio