query

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Dec 16 14:14:09 CET 2010

On 12/16/2010 04:25 AM, karnik jain wrote:
> Ok, I understood your point.
> But as per RFC 2865,
> what is the meaning of then "UTF-8 encoded 10646 [7] characters", *the [7]?*
> *7 stands for what over here?*
> **
>
> And one more thing as per RFC 2865,
> 1) As per this new RFC only only we need to support US-ASCII not any
> other character set, right?
> 2) Does free RADIUS only supporting US-ASCII ?

I cannot follow how you are reaching your conclusions. Perhaps you don't
understand UTF-8 encoding, but since you reference footnote [7] above
which is the UTF-8 RFC it might be a good idea to read it. Or read the
Wikipedia entry for it which is easier to understand
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utf-8.

Bottom line, FreeRADIUS supports international text via UTF-8 encodings.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/