No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request:

Ben Lewis ben at lewisit.net
Fri Dec 17 16:16:22 CET 2010

  What would be the proper service to use for eDirectory?  Can I assume
from the document that EAP is the one to use for authenticating to
eDirectory or is another one better for that?  Ultimately, we want to
set up a Wireless Access Point to send it's request to the Radius Server
which then queries eDirectory to authenticate the user to the WAP.

Thanks!

Ben

On 12/17/2010 9:00 AM, Phil Mayers wrote:
> On 17/12/10 14:40, discgolfer72 wrote:
>>
>> Installed FreeRadius 2.1.8 to authenticate to an LDAP back end
>> (eDirectory)
>>
>> Set it up per the document link below:
>>
>> http://www.novell.com/communities/node/11321/freeradius-218-edirectory-integration
>>

>> Now I'm getting a No authenticate method error.  Output of radiusd -X
>> below:
>>
>> Listening on proxy address * port 1814
>> Ready to process requests.
>> rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 10.1.0.12 port 3915, id=9,
>> length=48
>>          User-Name = "radadmin"
>>          User-Password = "thepassword"
>> +- entering group authorize {...}
>> ++[preprocess] returns ok
>> ++[chap] returns noop
>> ++[mschap] returns noop
>> [suffix] No '@' in User-Name = "radadmin", looking up realm NULL
>> [suffix] No such realm "NULL"
>> ++[suffix] returns noop
>> [eap] No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
>> ++[eap] returns noop
>> ++[unix] returns notfound
>> ++[files] returns noop
>> ++[expiration] returns noop
>> ++[logintime] returns noop
>> [pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
>> Authentication
>> may fail because of this.
>> ++[pap] returns noop
>> No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request:
>
> Note: the "ldap" module doesn't appear above.
>

>> In the Novell Cool Solution link, they say to un-comment "ldap" in the
>> authorize section of /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel but I had a
>
> "inner-tunnel" is used for the 2nd phase of EAP. Your debug above
> shows a PAP request, which is not EAP, so "inner-tunnel" isn't used.
>
> If you are setting up to support EAP, use an EAP client for testing
> (google for "eapol_test")
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Ben Lewis