SQL modul

Norman Diamond n0diamond at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Dec 22 06:12:05 CET 2010

Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> Norman Diamond wrote:
>> Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

>>> From http://wiki.freeradius.org/Radiusd
>>> "Ask questions on the mailing list. When asking
>>> questions, include the output from debugging mode
>>> ( radiusd -X ). This information will allow
>>> people to help you. Without it, your message will
>>> get ignored."
>>
>> Yahoo's web mail interface wraps lines, sorry.
>
> If you just use "radiusd -X" (like the wiki says)
> the output would be much easier to read.

I think readability would be the same.  I had expected
radiusd -XXXC to produce more lines of output than
radiusd -XC but it didn't (or at least not any that
I noticed).  Insertion of the word Debug slightly
lengthened the lines but even without that the lines
still would get wrapped by Yahoo's web mail.

>> Anyway I think you'll detect that my wording
>> described the output:
>> [...]
>> /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[118]: Failed
>> to load module "sql".
>
> ... and if you've included the debug output from
> start you'd see that sql.conf was never loaded.

YOU saw that and I thank you.  I would not have known
to look for that.  The reason follows below.

> Probably because you haven't bothered looking at
> radiusd.conf and uncomment the line
>
> #       $INCLUDE sql.conf

Because I didn't guess that radiusd.conf had such a
change between version 2.0.5-8.3 in OpenSuse 11.0, and
version 2.1.9-1.7 in OpenSuse 11.3.

Thank you for pointing that out.
YOU knew about the change and I thank you.
I did not know about the change.

> without that, the sql module is not initialized, and
> would give an error when you call "sql" in the
> config file.

I understand.  I thank you again.

Please note that my initial posting to this discussion
asked what changed between those two versions to
break the use of SQL, and here you have answered.
I thank you for answering.  I think you could have
answered directly that radiusd.conf changed and users
need to look at it.

Yours sincerely,
Norman Diamond