buffered-sql question

William azander at netonecom.net
Wed Dec 29 21:34:30 CET 2010

On Wednesday, December 29, 2010 12:51:06 pm Alan DeKok wrote:
> William wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> >    I have set up the buffered-sql server to handle importing accounting
> >
> > packets from my backup radius once a day.  I transfer the detail file
> > (via ftp) from the backup server to the newer server and put it in place
> > for the buffered-sql to use it, but it doesn't seem to read the file.
> >
> > I though, from the description in the documentation, it would run ever X
> > seconds.  I've set mine to 60 seconds for testing.
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong?
>
>   What does debug mode say?
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

It claims that there is an accounting packet without an acctsessiontime... I
found the offending entries and now it works.  I guess I'll have to edit those
out each time.  They are being created by a web-accelerator program we use.

: Info: [sql] stop packet with zero session length. [user '', nas
'69.54.220.130']

Once I edit those records out, it works fine. :(
 offending record looks like:

Wed Dec 29 00:08:22 2010
        Event-Timestamp = "Dec 29 2010 00:08:22 EST"
        User-Name = "<username>"
        NAS-IP-Address = 69.54.220.130
        NAS-Identifier = "TN_GrandRapidsAPX.1dial.com"
        NAS-Port = 1838
        NAS-Port-Type = Async
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Acct-Status-Type = Stop
        Acct-Delay-Time = 0
        Acct-Session-Id = "617355318"
        Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
        Acct-Session-Time = 1087
        Acct-Input-Octets = 45488
        Acct-Output-Octets = 68727
        Acct-Input-Packets = 169
        Acct-Output-Packets = 155
        Acct-Terminate-Cause = Session-Timeout
        Ascend-Disconnect-Cause = Session-Timeout
        Ascend-Connect-Progress = LAN-Session-Up
        Ascend-PreSession-Time = 32
        Ascend-Pre-Input-Octets = 347
        Ascend-Pre-Output-Octets = 251
        Ascend-Pre-Input-Packets = 12
        Ascend-Pre-Output-Packets = 12
        Ascend-First-Dest = 255.255.255.255
        Ascend-Data-Rate = 24000
        Ascend-Xmit-Rate = 26400
        Ascend-Modem-PortNo = 89
        Ascend-Modem-SlotNo = 10
        Ascend-Modem-ShelfNo = 1
        Calling-Station-Id = "<phone>"
        Called-Station-Id = "<dialup>"
        Ascend-Data-Svc = Switched-Voice-Bearer
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Framed-IP-Address = <ip address>
        Attr-103 = 0x4d1ac245
        Client-IP-Address = <ip address>
        Acct-Unique-Session-Id = "bcac314c121c56b5"
        Stripped-User-Name = "<username>"
        Realm = "<realm>"
        Timestamp = 1293599302

Any ideas besides dumping these packets?

Wm