Difficulties with rlm_perl specifically sending mail

Nicolas Goutte nicolas.goutte at extragroup.de
Tue Feb 2 10:18:57 CET 2010

Am 02.02.2010 um 00:12 schrieb David Buckley:

> Greetings from New Zealand
>
> I have a two factor auth system built using rlm_perl, which is all
> working fine but for one problem.
>
> I have a function that sends emails for sending one-time passwords via
> SMS which works perfectly when FR is run as radiusd -X, but doesn't
> work
> when FR started as a service.  This FR 2.1.7 RPM installation on RHEL
> modern and patched.  When run as a service RHEL runs radiusd as user
> and
> group radiusd.

Just an idea: sending emails often means starting the program
sendmail. Perhaps radiusd started as service has no $PATH and
therefore cannot find sendmail.

[...]

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Nicolas Goutte

extragroup GmbH - Karlsruhe
Waldstr. 49
76133 Karlsruhe
Germany

Geschäftsführer: Stephan Mönninghoff, Hans Martin Kern, Tilman Haerdle
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Münster / HRB: 5624
Steuer Nr.: 337/5903/0421 / UstID: DE 204607841