FreeRadius 2.1.8 works fine in DEBUG mode

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Wed Feb 10 00:32:53 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 01:17:02PM -0800, Amal Janardhanan wrote:
> But the same script is running in DEBUG mode..
>
> Also if I user freeradius-server-2.0.5, the script works in debug as
> well as daemon mode.
>
> Radius Server : freeradius-server-2.1.8
> Server ProductName:	Mac OS X Server
> Server ProductVersion:	10.5.8
> Server BuildVersion:	9L34
>
> If radius version is 2.0.5, it works fine.

First:

  Follow Alan DeKok's debugging instructions exactly.  He knows what he
  is doing.

My personal guessing:

I would expect that in "DEBUG mode" the script is being run with root
permissions and/or environment variables from your shell, such as PATH.

Check what permissions are required by the script.  Check that the
script does not make assumptions about things in the environment; fully
specify the path to any needed sub-scripts/binaries.

It may be that your 2.0.5 install was running as root and your 2.1.8
install is now running as a "freeradius" user, whatever that user might
happen to be named.

lambert at lambertfam.org