FreeRadius 2.1.8 works fine in DEBUG mode

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Feb 11 10:04:38 CET 2010

Amal Janardhanan wrote:
>     I tried debugging by radiusd -fxx -l stdout.
>
> But no information is printed in the window nor in any of the file.
>
> I tried various radius version from 2.1.1 to 2.1.8. Same result everywhere.

  Those command line options should cause it to print it's starting
messages to the terminal.  Since nothing is being printed, it's not even
starting.

  My *guess* is that either you do not have permission to run the
radiusd binary, *or* there is some "security" policy on your system that
prevents it from running a newer version of FreeRADIUS.

  i.e. go find out why your system won't let you run executables.  This
isn't a freeradius problem.