radius for linux authentication

sri.b at aol.in sri.b at aol.in
Thu Feb 11 11:20:52 CET 2010

 Hi List,

I have configured my linux devices to use freeRadius (freeRadius 1.1.5 with MySQL backend) authentication.
Installation of pam library went well and am able to get authenticated against my freeRadius server.
Now the problem is how to identify a user like root have same name on multiple machines. For this I observed that this PAM library is sending Calling-Station-Id in Access-Request packets.
I did modify my radcheck table to have entires as following:
+----+-----------+--------------------+----+----------------+
| id | UserName  | Attribute          | op | Value          |
+----+-----------+--------------------+----+----------------+
|  1 | linuxuser | Password           | == | radpwd         |
| 12 | root      | Calling-Station-Id | == | 192.168.100.61 |
| 11 | root      | Password           | == | 10radpwd       |
| 10 | root      | Password           | == | 61radpwd       |
| 13 | root      | Calling-Station-Id | == | 192.168.70.10  |

But the failed to authenticate.

Please suggest what could be the problem, ASAP.
Also, are there any other ways to handle this kind of situation.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Sri.