"Ancient" Freeradius Problem

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Mon Feb 15 09:57:32 CET 2010

Hi,

> I didn't yet running any program excepted "radtest user 1111 localhost
> 1812 testing123" as root.
> And it reported "rad_recv: Access-Reject packet from host
> 127.0.0.1:1812, id=172, length=20".
> Do you have any clue ?

That's the client side. Your server is configured to run a program with
Exec-Program, and *that one* is failing:

>>> cfg.c, line 175: no permission for configfile
>>> Exec-Program output:
>>> Exec-Program: returned: 1
>>> Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds
>>> Finished request 0

From its own output, it appears to be a program which requires to read a
config file, but doesn't have permission to read that file. There is
nothing this list can do to help you since the external program has an
error. You also didn't provide us hints as to how your configuration
looks like; which makes it even harder to help you. All I can say here:
fix your permissions of your external program...

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER