Problems with freeradius accounting proxy

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Feb 16 03:08:45 CET 2010

Phil Pierotti wrote:
> So I've run freeradius with -X -xx
>
> Other than logging the details of the packets sent and received, the
> debug logs do not have much more than "marking as zombie, seems to be dead".

  They have rather a lot more than that.

> No complaints, no explanation, no details, just jumps straight into
> "looks like its dead".

  I doubt that very much.

> This is the point at which freeradius decides the downstream has died.

  Once again... looking at only a tiny portion of the available data is
wrong.  You carefully deleted pretty much all of the debug log that
might be useful.

  Is the server showing that it receives responses to the proxied packets?

  Since you've deleted 99% of the debug log, I can't tell.  Since you
don't know what to look for in the logs, you can't tell, either.

  Are you interested in solving the problem, or do you want to play
games by not following instructions, and withholding information that
could let us help you?