pam_radius ruser option

Winnicki, Brian (GE, Corporate) brian.winnicki at ge.com
Tue Feb 23 18:13:52 CET 2010

I have a situation where I am trying to enable radius authentication for
issuing the su command.  I've added the ruser command to attempt to pull
back the PAM_RUSER who is issuing the su command.  However, from the debug
logs, I can still see that it says Got user root.  Immediately after that
line in the debug, it actually does a Segmentation Fault and throws a core
dump.

On the user's side logging in, it prompts for password as expected, and then
after entering, just comes back with su: Segmentation Fault.  The OS is
solaris 10.

Any ideas?
Thanks!