Update from 1.1.7 to 2.x

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Feb 25 11:48:37 CET 2010

Hi,
> I tried to update from the version 1.1.7 to version 2.x.x but don't work.
> I have a working server and i would like update to newer version.

take the default 2.x.x version and dont play with it. ensure it just runs.

then edit its configuration files so that it performs the same policies/duties
and tasks as your previous 1.1.7 version.  you cannot just dump the configs over
the top.

2.x.x has many new options which you will discover as you read through the
configuration files..stuff that 1.1.x never had and new ways of working that
1.1.x never had  (modules and virtual-servers being key examples)

alan