FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.0 documentation

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Feb 26 23:38:18 CET 2010

Hi,

> Where can I find documentation and training material for Free Radius Version 2.10 FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.0, for host x86_64-pc-linux-gnu Ubuntu 9.04.

there should be a doc directory supplied as part of the package - /usr/share/doc/ ??

> This is the only version that is available from Synaptics Package manager
>
> The current version 2.18 does not work in Ubuntu. I tried building the Debina package as specified in http://wiki.freeradius.org/Build#Building_Debian_packages, but it did not work in Ubuntu 9.04.

*WHY* doesnt it build? how does it fail?

> Or how does one get older versions - i.e. Freeradius 1.0? Configuration for the older versions appeared to be easier.

version 1.x is 'easier' because it had far less functionality. there are also random docs
(mostly wrong now) all over the web for version 1.x because its been around for years.

for your own sanity/sake (and to receive best support on this list) DONT use version 1.x

alan