option 82

Arne Larsen arl at nordicom.tele.dk
Sat Feb 27 08:41:27 CET 2010

Kevin Croes wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I work at an ISP and we are looking at the possibility to use option
>82 in FreeRADIUS. The other side is going to send us an ordernumber
>and then we want to send a configuration back (an ip address etc.).
>Been searching how to do this in FreeRADIUS, but haven't found much
>useful information. So, if somebody can point me in the right
>direction on how to set it up in FreeRADIUS. Any help will be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>Gr,
>
>Kevin
>-
>List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Hi Kevin.

I think you are looking the wrong way, option 82 is DHCP otions, and is
use for validating the src port of the request.
If you had a router with a pool off address hooked up on an loopback
interface and runed unnumbered on cpe interfaces, you can use this option
to do static address assignment on DHCP.
The relay agent wiil put information into the relayed request of the
source port.

/Arne