radiusd -X On First Boot

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Jan 5 21:46:25 CET 2010

Hi,

> 2) The certificates created are *temporary* and *not* intended for
> production use. As such it's always a good idea to bring this crucial
> fact to the attention of the person installing the server. No better way

yeah, explain the default install of Apache HTTPD with snakeoil localhost.localdomain
certificate that I see oh so often ;-)

> to make them aware of this than forcing them to perform a manual step.
> Otherwise they'll blindly think everything is hokey-dokey and deploy the
> server with temporary self-signed certs.

I agree with your comments though - the admin needs to know what
they have installed and why/were it needs to be fixed. maybe
server can log the fact its using a self-signed local/temp certificate?

alan