rlm_sqlippool required?

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Jan 11 17:38:31 CET 2010

On 01/09/2010 04:33 PM, John Kane wrote:
>> John Kane wrote:
>>> Is the rlm_sqlippool required when allocating IPs from an SQL DB?
>>
>>    Yes.
>>
>>>   I am
>>> trying to set this up on a 1.1.3 install, and don't see that module.
>>
>>    Install 2.1.8.
>>
>>    Alan DeKok.
>> -
>
> Thanks Alan, unfortunately I am chained to Red Hat RPMs on this project,
> and their latest is 1.1.3 without the rlm_sqlippool module.  I pulled
> the 1.1.3 down from the FreeRADIUS site, and it has that module (maybe
> our RH friend John Dennis can explain to me why it is on the FR site but
> not the RH RPM, and if I should open a ticket to RH to get it added).

More current versions of FreeRADIUS than 1.1.3. are available for RHEL 5
and CentOS5, see:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/Red_Hat_FAQ

The latest build for RHEL5 is 2.1.7, I'll be adding 2.1.8 shortly. Note
these are not official builds.

We anticipate 2.1.7 will show up as an official build in the RHEL 5.5
update under the package name freeradius2. 2.1.8 was released after the
cut off date, thus RHEL 5 will only have 2.1.7 and 1.1.3.

As for why 1.1.3 didn't ship with rlm_sqlippo0l (it does ship with
rlm_ippool) I can't tell you, it was before my time.

If you would like to open a bug against the 1.1.3 RHEL 5.5 version
please contact your support TAM.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?