How to send the Vendor-Specific subattributes via radiusclient

Rahul Panwar panwar.rahul at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 10:45:13 CET 2010

Hi,

I am using freeradius-client-1.1.6 on CentOS 5.4 with windows based
freeradius server from freeradius.net. I want to send the Vendor-Specific
attribute using radiusclient application.
I include the dictionary.cisco file in radiusclient dictionary file as
follows:

$INCLUDE /usr/local/etc/radiusclient/dictionary.cisco

I am giving the following command:
radiusclient User-Name=testuser Password=testpw Vendor-Specific=9
h323-remote-address=192.168.2.1

When i am watching the tcpdump capture on radiusclient pc. The above command
is accepted by server but the packet is showing as given below:

Request Sent by client:

 Access Request (1), id: 0xba, Authenticator:
402018a985a02bceca216ab2474cd6a1
          Username Attribute (1), length: 10, Value: testuser
            0x0000:  7465 7374 7573 6572
          Password Attribute (2), length: 18, Value:
            0x0000:  b37e 9117 41f3 6bf3 8d5c 438f 3796 5e1d
          Vendor Specific Attribute (26), length: 3, Value:  [|radius]
            0x0000:  39
          Framed IPX Network Attribute (23), length: 13, Value: ERROR:
length 11 != 4
            0x0000:  31 [|radius]

My Question is : Why "Framed IPX Network Attribute (23)" is sending by
radiusclient if i declared the Vendor-Specific Attributes in dictionary?

Response received by client:

  Access Accept (2), id: 0xba, Authenticator:
6ccb55adfc0d5af921fdab7c111acf18

Please give me the response what the wrong i am doing? I googled about this
problem but not able to find anyhelp about radiusclient.

Waiting for the response.

Thanks,
Rahul Panwar