FR 2.1.8 Issue - Unjustified(?) Access-Rejects.

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Tue Jan 12 15:04:31 CET 2010

Hi,

>> Is this likely to be a configuration error (no changes were made to the
>> 2.1.7 config), or a bug?
>>
>   Try increasing the size of the cache.  Try ensuring that there is
> always a User-Name in the inner tunnel.  This user name is cached, and
> is checked on session resumption.

How does this work together with anonymous outer ids? I.e. if outer
User-Name = anon at foo.bar and the inner User-Name is stefan at foo.bar, then
the cache contains a session for stefan at foo.bar

On session resumption, there is no inner tunnel exchange, there's a
packet User-Name = anon at foo.bar and an EAP-Message with SSL magic (but
no inner User-Name)... So how does FreeRADIUS know what to look up in
the cache? Or am I missing something here?

Greetings,

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER