Authentification using MS-CHAP with Active Directory

Noro Hasina norohasin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 16:44:45 CET 2010

Hi everybody,
My project have changed, and I should use Active Directory instead of mysql
for authentication because we use AD for user's domain administration.
My server can join the domain but my problem is that ms-chap does'nt do
anything during radtest. here is the result

when i run radiusd -X  the module  is linked

*module mschap*
 Module: Linked to module rlm_mschap
 Module: Instantiating mschap
  mschap {
        use_mppe = yes
        require_encryption = yes
        require_strong = yes
        with_ntdomain_hack = yes
        ntlm_auth = "/usr/bin/ntlm_auth --request-nt-key
--username=%{mschap:User-Name:-None}
--domain=%{%{mschap:NT-Domain}:-CELTELMG}
--challenge=%{mschap:Challenge:-00} --nt-response=%{mschap:NT-Response:-00}"
  }

After the Ready to process requests, I run
# radtest testuser testuser localhost 0 pass
and here but mschap isn't used :
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 45703, id=64,
length=60
        User-Name = "testuser"
        User-Password = "testuser"
        NAS-IP-Address = xxxxxxxx