Radius and LDAP

Jason Frisvold xenophage0 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 22:36:54 CET 2010

Hi all,

	I have a quick LDAP question.  I'm running freeradius 1.1.3, the latest
version available for RHEL 5.4.

	So, on to the question.  If the LDAP server goes away, it looks like
radius returns an access-reject.  We have, however, redundant ldap and
radius servers.  Is it possible to have radius stop responding if the
local ldap server stops responding rather than having it return a
reject?  The idea here it so have the access device fail over to the
other radius server in the event of a failure instead of rejecting all
access requests in case of a single failure.

Thanks,

--
Jason Frisvold
xenophage0 at gmail.com