Configuration test issue

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 13 16:39:24 CET 2010

Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Hello list.
>
> I'm trying to automatize configuration testing at each change. However,
> I'm facing a situation where testing report failure, whereas running
> freeradius works OK.
>
> With this following configuration:
> DEFAULT Auth-Type := LDAP, Huntgroup-Name == AdminNet, ldap1-LDAP-Group
> == admins
>
> Errors reading /etc/raddb/users
> /etc/raddb/users[19]: Parse error (check) for entry DEFAULT: Invalid
> octet string "admins" for attribute name "ldap1-LDAP-Group"

  It doesn't instantiate the modules when it is just checking the
config.  So the "ldap-LDAP-Group" attribute isn't created by the LDAP
module.

> So, can I do something here to fix the validation test :) ?

  Add the "ldap1-LDAP-Group" attribute to raddb/dictionary as a "string"
attribute.  The value doesn't matter (though follow the guidelines in
raddb/dictionary)