new ntlm_auth?

freeradius at corwyn.net freeradius at corwyn.net
Thu Jan 21 20:31:56 CET 2010

Did the recent upgrade of freeradius2 add a ntlm_auth module?

I'm now seeing
Exec-Program output: Exec-Program: FAILED to execute
/path/to/ntlm_auth: No such file or directory
Exec-Program-Wait: plaintext: Exec-Program: FAILED to execute
/path/to/ntlm_auth: No such file or directory
Exec-Program: returned: 1
++[ntlm_auth] returns reject
Failed to authenticate the user.
Login incorrect: [rsteeves] (from client 10.100.0.8 port 1 cli 10.20.31.17)

I went and looked, and there's a ntlm_auth module now where I don't
think there was one before. . .

I had/have ntlm_auth defined in radiusd.conf
exec ntlm_auth {
                 wait = yes
                 program = "/usr/bin/ntlm_auth ntlm_auth
--request-nt-key --domain=int.example.com
--username=%{mschap:User-Name} --password=%{User-Password}"
         }

Rick

Rick Steeves
http://www.sinister.net

In reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within
a man than a secure future -  Alexander Supertramp